Re: revno 101399 fails to build

From: joakim
Subject: Re: revno 101399 fails to build
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:52:20 +0200

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden writes:

>> In toplevel form:
>> calc/calc-help.el:30:1:Error: Required feature `calc-ext' was not provided
>
> Do you build with more that one job in parallel?  In this case it can
> happen that one emacs process writes out the elc file while another one
> is reading the same (partial) file at the same time.  To fix that the
> creation of the elc file need to be made atomic.

Ok, given the current infrastructure, what combination of build commands
would be as reliable as possible and reasonably fast?

is it possible to do, in pseudo-code:

make -j4 all-c-targets && \
make elc-files && \
make -j4 all-other-stuff-requiring-c-targets-and-elc-files

This is for a build server, and I want very reliable build results.

I have/want nightly, slow,  code quality builds, and continus, fast, builds
polling bzr.

--
Joakim Verona