Re: Google modules integration

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Google modules integration
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 02:36:17 -0400

Jambunathan K wrote:

> A quick look at google-weather.el suggests that it prepares a url and
> does some xml parsing on the reply. Gnus also does something similar
> stuff when I create an ephemeral group based on a web search (gmane or
> google groups)
>
> That said, I know nothing whatsoever about Google APIs or GoogleCL.

Me neither, but here are the maps API terms and conditions:

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/terms.html
Google Maps/Google Earth APIs Terms of Service

Various things of interest, eg

  10.8 [you must not] use the Static Maps API other than in an
  implementation in a web browser

You can browse the web from Emacs, but it's not really a web browser, is it?
I dunno...