Re: `about-emacs' - what about the revno?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: `about-emacs' - what about the revno?
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:58:17 +0200

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:
> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> This has come up before, but the discussion was inconclusive (IIRC)
>>> because of 2 reasons:
>>
>>>   . revno is not unique: two different branches can have the same
>>>     revno for two very different code bases
>>
>> Maybe we should try and provide the revno of the common ancestor on
>> the trunk.
>
> That information only makes sense for mirrors of trunk.
>
> The revision-id is the real info. The fact that it is inconvenient to
> handle is no excuse for doing the wrong thing. And revnos are definitely
> the wrong thing to look at when determining which source code was used
> for a build.

This information below is what is presented in my patched Emacs. Does
that seems enough? (The information is fetched as I described before
in this thread.)

This Emacs was built from sources in bazaar identified as:

Nick 'trunk' info:
  revision id: address@hidden
        revno: 101040
         date: 2010-08-10 11:58:15 +0200