Re: GPM and mouse highlight

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: GPM and mouse highlight
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:30:56 +0200

Eli Zaretskii skrev 2010-08-29 07.39:

1) Is there some fundamental limitation of GPM that prevents it from
supporting more than a single device at a time?

It can support several devices at the same time. If you are running on two different machines there is no problem. On the same machine however, GPM selection acts like X selection, i.e. if you select something in terminal 1 and then later in terminal 2, the selection in terminal 1 is removed. AFAIK, there can only be one GPM process per machine (per mouse really).

2) If the answer to the previous question is NO, then should we add
the mouse-highlight related variables to struct tty_display_info on
Unix as well?

Sounds like the right thing to do to me.

        Jan D.