Re: base

From: Leo
Subject: Re: base
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 08:38:33 +0100

On 2010-08-25 01:19 +0100, Miles Bader wrote:
> I think it's related to bzr being inconsistent, complicated, and
> confusing, with no simple mental model for users to latch onto, and
> multiple operating modes poorly stitched together (it's not really
> clear what bzr wants to be; sometimes it seems like its trying to be
> everything at once -- and, predictably, failing at all as a result).

The UI issue is pretty much a thing of the past. Linus himself said it
in 2007 and as it stands today, the UI is as good, if not better, as any
other tools.

I personally spent 25 minutes including watching a 20-minute video to
learn and use git including: the index, rewrite history, rebase, create
and merge branch, tagging in addition to traditional operations. This is
possible thanks to the excellent video:

  http://alexvollmer.com/posts/2009/01/18/meet-magit/ (20m)

Leo