Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:46:06 -0400

On 8/23/2010 8:48 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Angelo Graziosi<address@hidden>  writes:

Il 23/08/2010 14.07, address@hidden ha scritto:
Angelo Graziosi<address@hidden>   writes:

Il 23/08/2010 12.51, address@hidden ha scritto:
Angelo Graziosi<address@hidden>    writes:

Il 21/08/2010 8.55, address@hidden ha scritto:
Angelo Graziosi<address@hidden>     writes:

joakim wrote:
This analysis is probably correct. I'll try to check in a fix.

Rev. 101149 still fails in the same manner. And these warnings

[...]
/tmp/emacs/src/image.c: In function ‘imagemagick_load_image’:
/tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7663:11: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘PixelGetNextIteratorRow’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by
default]
/usr/include/ImageMagick/wand/pixel-iterator.h:55:5: note: expected
‘long unsigned int *’ but argument is of type ‘size_t *’
/tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7715:7: warning: implicit declaration of
function ‘MagickExportImagePixels’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
/tmp/emacs/src/image.c: In function ‘Fimagemagick_types’:
/tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7835:3: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘GetMagickList’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
/usr/include/ImageMagick/magick/magick.h:87:5: note: expected ‘long
unsigned int *’ but argument is of type ‘size_t *’
[...]

are not too reassuring...

I'll try to set up a cygwin environment here. That will take a while.

Sorry, but this issue is not Cygwin specific at all: I think you
should setup also a GNU/Linux Kubuntu 8.04 system, on which there are
the *same* identical problems that occur on Cygwin. On K804
imagemagick is 6.3.7.

Ok, I will download a vbox image and set up ubuntu 8.04.

BTW the warnings seem to stem from some api change. I'll figure out some
solution for that also.

The main problem is that bootstrap fails because the 'logic' in
configure.in looks wrong in any case, as pointed out by Ken.

If on Kubuntu 10.04 (the last Kubuntu) the bootstrap works, it happens
_ONLY_ because the ImageMagick is more recent and, accidentally, has
MagickExport.. defined.

Does bootstrap fail even if you dont --enable-imagemagick?

The bootstrap DOES NOT fail if:

1. imagemagick support is disabled, i.e. if one DOES NOT add
--with-imagemagick' to configure

2. if 'AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, 0, [Define to 1 if
MagickExportImagePixels is defined.])' is removed by configure.in and
configure is regenereated (calling autoconf)

Thanks for this clarification.

It seems I am repeating my self or you do not read carefully what me
and Ken are writing...

Sorry, I have only limited powers of comprehension.

Anyway, I have pushed a patch that removes the AC_DEFINE to the
imagemagick branch, and tested it on my development environment. I will
merge this fix to trunk in a  while.

It looks like Andreas has already done this (r 101171).

Ken