Re: Locks on the Bzr repository

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Locks on the Bzr repository
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:14:52 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > Code is seldom reviewed in Emacs, the only exceptions are
 > contributors who explicitly ask for a review.

Uh....  :-)

 > And there's the issue of conflicts when you resync next (unless the
 > committed fix is textually identical to the one in your WT).

I haven't noticed this being an issue.  It was a massive pain in CVS,
but with git at least you revert the transaction causing conflicts and
either do a reverse cherry-pick or an interactive rebase on your tree.
Then redo the pull/merge/update.  Usually not a big deal, even if it's
buried many commits deep in the DAG.

OTOH, if there is reason to insist on your own patch (either it's
better or it's at least as good and you have additional "important"
patches that depend on your version), then you clone the mainline,
undo the conflicting patch, and merge with your "better" branch.

I can't say this will always work, but it has worked for me on the
occasions I've tried it.