Re: Selection changes in revno 100822

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: Selection changes in revno 100822
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 22:42:56 +0100

On 15/08/10 22:13, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

What happens on X when you type
C-y after mouse-2?

You get a clipboard/kill-ring yank.

That's identical to what you get on w32 with my change.

Um. Copy some text in notepad.exe, then hit mouse-2 in emacs.exe, then C-y, hopefully you'll see the problem. Or maybe you'll decide it's a feature.

e.g.

"I am a fish" select it then M-w copy in emacs

"hello there" select it then C-c copy in notepad

mouse-2 in emacs =>
"hello there" inserted in emacs (inserting the current w32 clipboard)

C-y in emacs =>
"I am a fish" inserted in emacs (not inserting the current w32 clipboard but rather the head of emacs kill ring. I would have expected the current w32 clipboard, as an x11 user).

C-v in notepad =>
"hello there" inserted in notepad (inserting the current w32 clipboard)

*** Then there's:

"I am a duck" select it in emacs

"goodbye then" C-c copy in notepad

mouse-2 in emacs =>
"goodbye then" inserted in emacs (inserting the current w32 clipboard)

mouse-2 in emacs =>
"I am a duck" inserted in emacs (inserting the emacs emulated primary selection)

C-v in notepad =>
"goodbye then" inserted in notepad (inserting the current w32 clipboard)