Re: vc-mode-line

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: vc-mode-line
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 14:12:10 +0900

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:
>> Anyway, there seems to be a preferences for "*" amongst responders so
>> far...
>
> Whatever you decide, please consider allowing for some colorized
> clue. Associating background faces to VC states, for instance, so the
> user can customize "green for unmodified, red for modified" etc.
>
> I guess that asking for images would be too contentious ;-)

I suppose that having an user-customizable alist for the mapping would
be a good thing, and it could support propertized strings; lisp code
shouldn't be looking at the mode-line indicators anyway (it should look
at the actual state symbols).

-Miles

--
`Suppose Korea goes to the World Cup final against Japan and wins,' Moon said.
`All the past could be forgiven.'   [NYT]