Re: can emacs use the mac os x keychain?

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: can emacs use the mac os x keychain?
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:13:22 +0900

> Adrian, is there any chance that the NS Emacs port can provide those
> keychain functions through an ELisp layer?  It would make it easier
> and more secure to get user passwords, plus users wouldn't need to
> install the helper program.

Mac OS X 10.3 or later comes with a command line interface
/usr/bin/security for keychains.  Did you try it?  Or do you mean it
was not sufficient with respect to functionality or security?

A merit of the use of an external program is that we can use it
regardless of several builds on the platform including TTY-only and
X11.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden