Re: Put tool-bar on right

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Put tool-bar on right
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:53:18 +0200

2010-03-17 14:32, Stefan Monnier skrev:
Speaking of tool bars, do you know is it possible to place tool bars
and tab bars on the side (left or right)?  Currently I have to disable
the tool bar because vertical space is much more valuable for me than
horizontal space.  I'd like to enable tool bars if they were placed
on the left or on the right.
It is not done in Emacs, but it is possible to add such a possibility.

Seeing how it's getting every time more difficult to find screens that
don't have a ridiculous 123/4 length-to-height ratio, it would indeed be
desirable to let the toolbar be on the left (or right).
I.e. patches welcome,

I just got one of those 16:9 screens, so I added this for the Gtk+ tool bar.
It would be easier to add to the rest of X builds if we had a Lucid tool bar, i.e. not managed by the redisplay code. I don't know if it is worth the effort though.

        Jan D.