Re: CMake build anyone?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: CMake build anyone?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:12:00 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:16:45 +0200
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>,
>       address@hidden
>
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 12:11, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > If you are building from the repository you are expected to have
> > suitable development environment anyway.
>
> If you're building from a source tarball you are expected, too.

And having to install one more doesn't help.

> Most people on Windows do not have MSVC or MinGW, nor the image
> libraries' headers

MinGW is not just for Emacs; I find it highly unlikely that someone
who uses Emacs does not already has some development environment on
her machine.  As for image headers and libraries, the minimal set is
right there on the GNU FTP site, where you get the source tarball.

Btw, we may need to require another non-standard (and not so small
package) in the near future: Perl, since makeinfo was reimplemented as
a Perl script, and that's what we will see in the next release of
Texinfo.