Re: A more modest proposal

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: A more modest proposal
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:25:54 +0900

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <address@hidden> writes:
> Having the same keybinding behave completely differently depending if
> you use a windowing system or the console is a bad idea.  What about
> having C-z C-z do suspend-frame, and C-z z ... do undo?  Not that I
> see a need for yet another undo keybinding.

There's already a better binding for suspend-frame:  "C-x C-z"

So I'd say, just change the meaning of C-z universally to undo, and let
people use C-x C-z for suspend.

-Miles

--
Guilt, n. The condition of one who is known to have committed an indiscretion,
as distinguished from the state of him who has covered his tracks.