Re: What's the spec for emacs lisp virtual machine ?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: What's the spec for emacs lisp virtual machine ?
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 03:28:40 -0400

   I have done searches on wiki and other places but the things are not
   entirely clear because they are not oriented to my goal of centering
   around emacs.

Have you tried looking at the source code for emacs?  It isn't that
complex and the code is well commented, it is also the best place for
any details regarding emacs.  The VM is located in emacs/src/eval.c,
the byte-code compiler in emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/bytecomp.el.  You can
use the disassemble function to disassemble emacs byte-code.