Re: Emacs User Friendliness Question/Hope

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: Emacs User Friendliness Question/Hope
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:01:53 -0700

On Jul 16, 2010, at 8:26 AM, Jeff Clough wrote:

> I think you have over-generalized what I was asking for.

While I do feel your pain, and share it to some degree, I expect emacs to
continue to offer settings for such things based on features, rather than
versions or `some point in time'.  If you find that this takes up too much
space in .emacs for you, it shouldn't be hard to put together an elisp package
that contains all of those settings that you think should be disabled for
`compatibility mode'; at that point, it's just a matter of submitting it to
emacs-devel for inclusion (or simply relying on emacswiki.org or the upcoming
package system, for example).

*Chad