Re: Emacs learning curve

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs learning curve
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:25:16 +0900

Uday S Reddy <address@hidden> writes:
> Just as Eclipse is kind to Emacs-users, I think Emacs should be kind to
> Eclipse-users too, and Windows-users and KDE-users and what have
> you. Obstinacy doesn't do us any good.

Yeah, but Emacs _is_ kind to those users, to the extent that it's
practical and reasonable.  E.g., cua-mode, the addition of shift-select
(on by default), etc.

The problem with Tom's "proposal" is that he seems to want Emacs to make
a complete wholesale change to a different (and inferior, but that's not
really the issue) set of bindings, and that's _not_ practical or
reasonable.

-Miles

--
Congratulation, n. The civility of envy.