Re: Emacs and Gnome Canvas

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Emacs and Gnome Canvas
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:36:02 +0200

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

> And besides this, you would have to have a GnomeCanvas per Emacs window.

If we are considering new display engines, I think we should have
pluggable display engines.

As a stupid example, consider embedding emacs within emacs, using the
xwidget branch. The embedding emacs can then send a lisp representation
of the buffer to the embedded emacs that will then display it.

Im not saying the above example is the way forward technically, but
having pluggble display engines would be very interesting.

Something similar I'm working on is having Inkscape embedded in
Emacs. Emacs then communicates with Inkscape via dbus.

--
Joakim Verona