Re: Emacs learning curve

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Emacs learning curve
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 04:33:35 -0400

   > I doubt that words like yank, kill, point, etc hinder new users
   > from using emacs. �The argument seems extremly weak.

   Please try to be more specific. Exactly what argument is it you
   think of? Exactly why do you think it is weak?

I find it weak since it side tracks the real issue, namley how to use
emacs more efficiently when you are a new user.  What words you use
won't hinder that.  You will always encounter new definitions for
words, if one goes about renaming everything to what is currently
popular it will only cause mass confusion.