Re: Efforts to attract more users?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Efforts to attract more users?
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 02:28:46 +0200

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 2:16 AM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 02:11, Lennart Borgman
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Believe whatever you want. Or look into it. You might even be right, I
>> did this long ago.
>
> You seem to forget that I *did* (look into it) long ago. That's what
> I'm talking about.

I told you at that time how to do the merge. You seemed to believe it
could be done another way. Maybe you are right, but to me the way you
wanted to do it looked like much more work. I ran out of time.

>> I have done the work. I simplified it to what it is now. If that is
>> not accepted then just skip it.
>
> I'll be ready to "skip it" the day you're ready to stop accussing
> Emacs developers of ignoring your work every time you've got the
> opportunity.
>
> Perhaps you should be brave enough to accept that Emacs+EmacsW32 is a
> fork, because you're *not* interested in doing work to get most of
> these changes accepted back into mainstream Emacs.

I have told some times now that I am not interested in keeping the
patches. I have thrown away some because I do not have time for all
the merging.

I do not accuse you of anything. I am just telling how I see the
situation. Getting the thoughts behind the changes I suggest often
takes too much time - even if I write the first part of the patch.
Take for example the recent discussion about the display engine. There
was too many misunderstandings so in the end I thought it was best to
just drop it. Is someone is really interested I have left the
explanations already.