What is emacs architecture ?

From: Fren Zeee
Subject: What is emacs architecture ?
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 22:50:14 -0700

Hello greets everyone.

I am a newbie interested in knowing some basic architecture of emacs. I hope some of you gurus would make it easy for a newbie like me to understand it.

I would assume that you would have a big mental picture of the program and then a more detailed picture. It is not possible to manage such a huge program without a crisp concept.

If emacs is a meta-recursive lisp interpreter then that serves as pseudo code for it.

Does someone have a UML, FSM or any other pictorial representation, or textual representation of the big picture of emacs ?

Thanks

Franz Xe