Re: Patch for bug #6515: unneeded let-bound variables in bookmark.el

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Patch for bug #6515: unneeded let-bound variables in bookmark.el
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 19:07:25 -0400

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
>Christoph <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Find attached a bugfix for bug #6515
>>> (http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6515) for review.
>>
>>Sorry, this was intended to go to the bug tracker.
>
>Actually, I'm glad you sent it here.  IMHO, the patch is small enough
>and trivial enough to go in regardless of assignment papers -- a mere
>description of the problem would suffice to cause any reasonable
>programmer to generate the exact same patch, if my understanding is
>correct (I haven't looked at it in depth yet, but will soon).

I clean-roomed it (because I wasn't sure it was small enough to not
worry about papers), and of course the result was byte-for-byte the same
as the original patch.  <shrug>

I checked it in, and then immediately saw in

that Yidong says he checked it in as well.  But oddly, my trunk (which
is bound to master trunk) doesn't have the change, even after updating.
I'm not sure what's going on with that, but in any case the change is
certainly installed in trunk now, because

  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk/.bzr/branch/last-revision

currently says:

  100717 address@hidden

...which is the change I checked in.