Re: [vc-git] Showing ‘.git/*’ files in vc- dir

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: [vc-git] Showing ‘.git/*’ files in vc- dir
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:23:40 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu skrev 2010-07-01 10.32:
Jan Djärv<address@hidden>  writes:

I almost always have unregistered files (.emacs.desktop for one), and
thus can't commit from vc-dir ("files must have the same state") as
bzr on savannah does not accept a list of files in the commit.

What do you mean?
Most commits are lists of files: file(s) + ChangeLog.
You can mark files with m (or M to mark all files in the same state).
After marking at least one item,  C-x v v applies to the list of marked things.

Reading earlier messages, I see I confused this with not being able to commit with pending merges present. So I have done commits from the command line when I really didn't need to, bummer...

FWIW, I think vc-dir should be similar to the command line in this respect, i.e. just commit if there are unregistered files present. After all, it is not a limitation of the underlying version control system.

        Jan D.