Re: Another input method feature needed

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Another input method feature needed
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 00:42:08 +0300

>     This is already implemented by dynamically generated Info manuals
>     in info-help.el.
>
> Is this documented in the Emacs Manual?

At the current stage it is just a proof of concept.
I posted the code to emacs-devel for comments.

> Is there a C-h command for it?  If not, should there be one?

A possible C-h prefix key map would be `C-h h', whereas `view-hello-file'
could be bound to `C-h H' (where `H' is mnemonic for `HELLO').

> I can't check -- my sources are rather old and I don't have
> info-help.el, and my attempt to update them just failed.

info-help.el is not in the Savannah repository anyway.

> I did
>
>       cd trunk/
>       bzr pull
>
> And it says "No pull location known or specified."
> I had initially done
>
>       cd trunk/
>       echo "public_branch = http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/sources/emacs/trunk";
> >>
> .bzr/branch/config
>       bzr bind http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/sources/emacs/trunk/
>
> so it ought to know where to pull from.  trunk/.bzr/branch/config does
> not exist now; instead there is a file branch.conf with this text:
>
>     bound_location = sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/emacs/trunk/
>     bound = True

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrQuickStartForEmacsDevs says nothing
about `trunk/.bzr/branch/config'.  I suggest to follow instructions
from this page to avoid possible problems with using Bazaar.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/