Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:38:24 +0200

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 22:26, Lennart Borgman
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> This is expected. The original problem is still only addressed in my patch.
>>
>> And that is not applied.
>
> Then, help Eli understand why your patch is the right fix.

I have done the best I can. I do not know what to do.

The basic assumption that clip_changed can be set in narrow_to_region
etc and that redisplay later can decide when it can be reset is false.
Redisplay does not have the necessary information since it does not
know exactly why clip_changed was set to 1.

I have said that there is no reason to let narrow_to_region set
clip_changed (even if it really seems intuitively right to do so). It
is much easier to let redisplay do that instead in
reconsider_clip_changes because then all needed information for the
specific window is available.

Is this clear?