Re: Feature needed

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Feature needed
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 04:01:18 -0400

    No, it's not.  The vast majority of character inputs are embedded in
    self-modifying tries,

Tries what?

                          ie, East Asian phonetic input for Han ideographs
    in complex system-wide servers. I don't see how you plan to get this
    information out of SCIM/Anthy, for example, or Xlib/XIM for Greek for
    that matter.

What are SCIM/Anthy and Xlib/XIM?  Maybe they are input methods
outside Emacs.  I agree they might be difficult.

Surely we can easily handle all of Emacs's own input methods.