Re: Feature needed

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Feature needed
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:22:11 +0900

James Cloos <address@hidden> writes:
> I just tried out the name »παν語« (cf http://www.pango.org/), and even
> with the japanese input method selected -- which I used to input the go --
> the C-u C-x = output for 語 did not explain how to enter it.

I think this is not reasonable though -- the Japanese input method is
more context-dependent than most, since input is usually done in larger
units than one character, and often this is necessary for correctness.
It seems like it would actually be kind of hard for Emacs to give the
"right" description of how to input a particular character in a
particular context.

OTOH, perhaps some kind of alternative help output for unusual input
methods would be useful (e.g. for Japanese, giving a list of entries in
Emacs' kana-kanji translation dictionary that contain that character,
but ... maybe that would be kinda large...).

-Miles

--
Omochiroi!