Re: issues migrating to cocoa emacs (23.2) from carbon emacs (22)

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: issues migrating to cocoa emacs (23.2) from carbon emacs (22)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 07:09:51 -0400

On Jun 11, 2010, at 12:37 AM, John Owens wrote:

> Bad news: Still opens foo.bar in a new window rather than in the
> same window (as Carbon Emacs did). Any idea how to get the old behavior?

I think there is a configuration variable (ns-pop-up-frames or so), which might
help.

However, I would hope we'll be getting rid of that variable at some point; I
have changed frame handling at least in Aquamacs:

http://github.com/davidswelt/aquamacs-emacs/issues/closed#issue/39

So if somebody wants to back-port it as necessary and make a patch for Emacs
23/24, maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea.