Re: force-mode-line-update ALL argument

From: MON KEY
Subject: Re: force-mode-line-update ALL argument
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 22:45:56 -0400

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:
> How would this relate to the issue at hand?

If I understand what is at issue, any code (lisp-side or C-side) that
interacts with buffer state has to set buffers modified (unless the
``strongly'' vodoo is in effect) whenever changes take place. This is
(or may sometimes be) one aspect of a series of actions which need
occur when a buffer is in a state of frob'dness.

> Because I studied the code.

Wow! So you are sure.

> the current buffer is not shown in any window.  Why should anyone want
> to do that?

No clue. Maybe they haven't studied the code.  :)

> martin

/s_P\