Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 10:45:50 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> I downloaded culmus fonts.  It seems "David CLM" font is
> quite good.  And, while testing with that font, I found a
> bug in the current Emacs code.  I'll fix it soon.  Please
> wait for a while.

I've just committed fixes.  Please try the latest code.

With David CLM font, just font-shape-gstring work well.  But
with Dejavu Sans font, as it lacks several OTF capabilities,
we have to adjust the result of font-shape-gstring.  For
that, I implemented hebrew-shape-gstring.  So now Emacs
should be able to use both fonts.

I have not yet adopted your code for setting up
composition-function-table.  It requires some modifications.
For instance, we should register hebrew-shape-gstring only
for combining characters for fast displaying of a Hebrew
text that doesn't have diacriticals.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden