Re: imagemagick branch

From: joakim
Subject: Re: imagemagick branch
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 12:41:38 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: address@hidden
>> Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:22:57 +0200
>>
>> I have done some minor improvements to the Imagemagick branch, and it
>> would be nice if it could receive some testing.
>
> Are there any reasons not to merge it with the trunk?  If someone
> doesn't use Imagemagick, would they sense any difference or execute
> any of the code you added?

Yes, the code could probably safely be added to trunk. Even if one
activates imagemagick with "configure --with-imagemagick=yes"
imagemagick wont kick in unless you execute (imagemagick-register-types)

Another question then, how do I merge best to trunk? I'm reading:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs#MergeToUpstream
but it suggests removing my local branch after merging.

I would like to continue to add some more experimental functions to
the branch, and later merge these to trunk. Would that also be ok?
Or would it be better to create a new branch for this purpose?

What I would like to do is experiment with some new keybindings in
image-mode for zooming, switching the indexed file in a multifile bundle
and so on.

--
Joakim Verona