Re: Window configurations

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 01:51:20 +0300

>> I think this window parameter should be treated like the frame parameter
>> `buffer-list'.  E.g. `other-buffer' prefers selected frame's buffer list
>> instead of the global buffer list, etc.
>
> We'd have to specify the meaning of "prefers" here.

In the functions `buffer-list' and `other-buffer' the buffers in the
selected frame's `buffer-list' come first, followed by the rest of the
buffers from the global value of `buffer-list', and buffers from the
selected frame's parameters `buried-buffer-list' come last.

Doing the same for the window-local parameter `buffer-list',
i.e. when `buffer-list' will return a list composed of

 window-local buffer-list
 frame-local buffer-list
 global buffer-list
 frame-local buried-buffer-list
 window-local buried-buffer-list

then `quit-window' and all occurrences of `other-buffer'
in window handling code should do the right thing like
`view-return-to-alist' does (i.e. to get the right buffer).

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/