Re: Emacs 23 Mac port

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 Mac port
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 10:09:21 +0900

> The option + command + D to pop up a dictionary panel is useful at
> times. However I have gotten used to using command as the meta
> key. Is there other way to use the dictionary? Thank you.

You can map this functionality to some key other than
"Command-Control-D".  It has been customizable via the Keyboard
Shortcuts in the System Preferences until Mac OS X 10.5.
Unfortunately, you need to edit
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.symbolichotkeys.plist on Mac OS X 10.6
manually AT YOUR OWN RISK and re-login.  (I'm not sure if there's some
third-party helper tools.)

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20090901102013924
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050801052917667

The 3 numbers in the `parameters' array seems to be char code, key
code, and modifiers, respectively.  The char code is roughly the ASCII
code, but 65535 seems to be OK for function keys.  For the key code,
find kVK_... in
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Headers/Events.h
The meaning of the modifiers is mentioned in the second page above.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden