Re: Add function to make frame topmost?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Add function to make frame topmost?
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 12:33:56 +0900

chad writes:
 > On 2 May 2010, at 13:27, "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
 > wrote:
 >
 > > That's a pretty good try, but it's still more obtrusive than it need
 > > be.  Why a close box?  *Any* click it such a window should dismiss it.
 >
 > Cut/copy and paste from such sources are useful more often than you
 > might think.

No, I thought about that.  Carefully.  Should have known somebody
would call me on it (out of context, yet).

Seriously, now, for battery usage notifications?  Come on, we can do
better than that, and should.  Yes, for some use-cases, selectability
is a good idea.  But these notifications, log windows, and tooltips
that Lennart seems to suggest could be unified should not be unified,
precisely because they are different in this respect (and others).

I have nothing against unification of implementation, but the high-
level APIs and especially their documentation should distinguish these
use cases.