Re: Text in Gtk tool bar. (Was: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.)

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Text in Gtk tool bar. (Was: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:46:35 +0300

>> Do you have an idea how to implement the style `both'
>> (with text under image) on a non-toolkit build?
>
> Do you mean on the glyph (a.ka. redisplay) level or by the actual drawing
> done by for example X?  I don't think this can be done simply at the lisp
> level.  The overflow for the tool bar, and highlightning needs to handle
> text and image as one.  How do you deal with that in your tabs?

Currently text and image are separate.  I'll try to use your new property
:label for the tab name.

>> The remaining options `text' and `both-horiz' would be easy to do.
>> Actually, `both-horiz' is what the tab-bar uses: it shows the close icon
>> to the right of the tab label.
>
> That is the RtoL version, both-horiz for Gtk+ has the icon to the left of
> the text, i.e. opposite of what a tab bar has.

Maybe then add a new style `text-image-horiz' (for icon to the right of
the label) to keep the tool-bar implementation closer to the tab-bar
implementation.  This style is not necessary to add to defcustom.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/