Re: VC and bzr.

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: VC and bzr.
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:54:04 -0700 (PDT)

>> I find the status indicator (the `:' or `-' chars that flags a file as
>> modified on disk or not) very helpful.
>
> They don't get updated unless you revert the buffer, or do all your VC
> ops from within Emacs.  So they lie to me quite a bit.

In Emacs 21 (and 22, I think), C-x v v on a file that had been, say,
committed outside of Emacs since you saved it would update that status
(e.g., ":1.4" -> "-1.5").  That stopped working in 23 (not that it was
ever a documented feature, I suppose); perhaps we should put it back, or
add a command `vc-refresh' or so.  Of course, `revert-buffer' does work,
but ideally this "new" feature would not lose the undo history and reapply
the major mode and so on.

Davis

shipping.