Re: Logistics of Using Guile

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Logistics of Using Guile
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:34:47 -0400

I would say that if Emacs uses Guile then we will have other people
worrying about interpreter speed so we don't have to (there's talk on
the Guile website of a JIT compiler), and it will be much easier to
extend Elisp if we want to do that (in order to implement a language
in Guile 2.0, all you need to do is compile it to any other language
that Guile supports, including the convenient intermediate languages
they provide).

In other words, it's a one-time effort for a long-term payoff. If the
effort is not horrible, it seems to make sense to do it.

Noah Lavine