Re: bidi, auto-composition-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bidi, auto-composition-mode
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:12:32 +0300

> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:05:30 +0200
> From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> OK. In my $HOME/.emacs.d/init.el file I have added this:
>
> ;; Use C-x 8 RET RIGHT-TO-LEFT MARK to write from right to left
> (setq-default bidi-display-reordering t)
>
> Then, in Emacs, I do this
>
> C-x C-f foo.txt
> C-x 8 RET RIGHT-TO-LEFT MARK

Thanks, now everything is clear.  Emacs composes the RIGHT-TO-LEFT
MARK (and other zero-width characters) with the next character, and
compositions don't yet work with bidi reordering.  The effect is
indeed duplication of characters.  You can see another example of this
problem in HELLO, in the Arabic and Hebrew lines -- they also use RLM.