Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99831: Scrolling commands which

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99831: Scrolling commands which does not signal errors at top/bottom.
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:49:10 +0300

>>> Please add a new variable so we can do
>>> && NILP (Fmemq (current_kboard->Vlast_command, Vnewvariable))
>>> and let Lisp packages add their commands to that variable.
>
>> A new variable is added in this patch (that includes other changes as well):
>
> Looks good, thank you,

Looking now at such lines:

  (put 'scroll-up-command 'isearch-scroll t)
  (add-to-list 'scroll-preserve-screen-position-commands 'scroll-up-command)

suggests that something is wrong here.

Even though pager.el uses a list variable to define scrolling commands,
we already use symbol properties to define scrolling commands for isearch.

So now it looks too ugly to use different methods to do the same thing.

Wouldn't it better to define scrolling commands for
scroll-preserve-screen-position
the same way with symbol properties?

--
Juri Linkov