Re: Guile in Emacs

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: Guile in Emacs
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:49:26 -0400

On Apr 14, 2010, at 08:26, <address@hidden> <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am certainly prepared to believe that Guile is faster than the current
> Emacs Lisp engine

I have no idea if that's true, at the moment.

> but I am also absolutely convinced that unless it has
> improved radically

If you haven't used it in a while, it may have -- the current development
version uses a byte code engine for execution, which I believe has sped most
stuff up quite a bit.

> it will fall noticeably behind systems that compiles
> to native code, whether directly or via C.

Both approaches are getting serious consideration from the current Guile
developers.

Ken