Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:53:29 +0900

Stefan Monnier writes:

 > Indeed.  But for uses like tabs, the icons might not be an option.

Why not?  Or do you mean to say that in many cases the expected icon
would not be informative?

Eg, I have Firefox set up to "Open all [my moderated mailing lists] in
tabs".  Most of them are for XEmacs, so each tab has the list name
(informative string), the XEmacs favicon (uninformative icon), and a
close box (uninformative widget).  Obviously, just the favicon
wouldn't be very useful!