Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 11:34:50 +0200

alin.s wrote:

For me a tab will  be neither a window configuration, nor a frame, but it
will act according to an initialization function written in lisp. Every
event will have associated a script, like switch, etc. It is useful also for
me to insert an environment of tab-local variables.

I don't know if we want tab-local variables. We had frame-local, but they are obsolete now. You have to give a convincing reason for that and what an initialization function and script gives for advantages.

In this manner, I could do it in 6 months for all.

If you work on tabs and install a definitive version, please tell me whether
it makes sense for me to implement my version in future, when I have time.

It is too early to tell. The implementation and design is still evolving. Implementations other than for Gtk+ makes sense in any case.

        Jan D.