Re: What have the Romans done for us? (Bazaar)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: What have the Romans done for us? (Bazaar)
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 15:56:09 -0400

> While I'm no real fan of bazaar, wait until we want to merge the
> gtk-tabs branch, or the bidi branch, or the lexbind branch, or (even
> better) more than one of those into the mainline, and I think you'll
> see a a big difference versus cvs.

No, *he* (like most people) won't.  And it's not going to be
significantly easier than when we did it in the (near) past, because we
already used to do it in a DVCS (namely Arch) thanks to Miles's mirror.

But yes, for the person handling the merge (and even more so for the
person who maintains the branch until it gets merged), it helps a lot.

        Stefan