gsoc for concurrent Emacs? (was: Concurrency)

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: gsoc for concurrent Emacs? (was: Concurrency)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:13:03 -0500

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 15:17:49 -0600 Tom Tromey <address@hidden> wrote:

Tom> * Documentation; NEWS, as you said, but also the lisp reference manual.
Stefan> PS: And place this info in a file in the `concurrent' branch.

Tom> I hope someone else can do that.

Just a suggestion:

I think the concurrent Emacs project is nicely standalone and would make
a good GSoC project (see
http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2010.html, where Guile
integration is already mentioned).  The concurrent Emacs branch
obviously needs some work, especially with documentation, but is
probably at a level suitable for an interested CS/CE student.

I'm not the one to propose this but if Giuseppe or Tom want, they can
e-mail address@hidden as the URL above suggests.  GSoC requires
a mentor so it's not completely hands-off...

Ted