Re: Concurrency

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Concurrency
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:37:51 -0600

Giuseppe> I have changed how `make-mutex' works.  Now it accepts an
Giuseppe> optional argument; if the argument is non nil then a recursive
Giuseppe> mutex is created, by default it is nil.  By default a normal
Giuseppe> mutex (non recursive) is created.

I think it would be better to have all mutexes be recursive, because it
is safer.

Also, I think mutex-unlock should throw some kind of error if the mutex
is owned by a different thread.  What do you think of that?

Tom