Re: Tweaking t-m-m to make room for d-s-m

From: mathias
Subject: Re: Tweaking t-m-m to make room for d-s-m
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:28:33 +0100

IMHO this is the best proposal I've seen in this thread.

Zitat von Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>:

This C-x C-x issue can also be solved if we can come up with a short
key-binding that activates the region (in which case C-x C-x doesn't
need to activate the region).  Notice that we also have a need for
a short key-binding to deactivate the region (one that has fewer
side-effects than C-g, e.g. can be embedded in a keyboard macro).
So maybe the answer to all this is to find a "short" key-binding that
can toggle the region's active status.

Couldn't C-x SPC be used to activate the region (without changing point and mark)?
It seems unused and is easier to type then Alan's suggestion.

Mathias