Re: highlighting non-ASCII characters

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: highlighting non-ASCII characters
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:00:47 +0900

Stefan Monnier writes:

 > I don't insist on using escape-glyph for those chars, indeed (I don't
 > really care which face is used for them).  What I care about is figuring
 > out how to define programmatically "chars that are out of place or that
 > may not be what they look like".

There were long threads on Python-dev about this with respect to the
PEPs implementing Unicode.  The bottom line was basically that the
recommendations of the Unicode Security Considerations UTR #36 should
be followed with respect to "characters that may not be what they look
like".

"Out of place" is harder.