Re: Integrating package.el

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Integrating package.el
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 07:31:54 -0600

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 22:09:59 +0100 Jonas Bernoulli <address@hidden> wrote:

JB> $ cat elm.epkg
JB> (:summary    "Utilities for maintaining the Emacsmirror"
JB>  :created    "20081202"
JB>  :updated    "20100226"
JB>  :license    "GPL-3"
JB>  :authors    (("Jonas Bernoulli" . "address@hidden"))
JB>  :maintainer ("Jonas Bernoulli" . "address@hidden")
JB>  :provided   (elm elm-org)
JB>  :required   ((("elx" elx)
JB>                ("emacs" assoc cl finder)))
JB>  :keywords   ("libraries")
JB>  :homepage   "https://github.com/tarsius/elm";)
JB> $ cat ../package-commentaries/elm.txt
JB> This package is used to maintain the Emacsmirror which can be found at
JB> http://www.emacsmirror.org.

Thanks!

The Emacs package metadata will, ideally, be replaced with a package
repository that resides inside Emacs itself.  Thus users can explore and
activate Emacs packages without the usual drudgery, and some default
packages can even be activated for them.  This is my plan at least and I
hope it's accepted into Emacs.

Ted