Re: bug#5570: Emacs 23.1.91.1 C++ mode "ESC C-q" and TAB indenting issue

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: bug#5570: Emacs 23.1.91.1 C++ mode "ESC C-q" and TAB indenting issue.
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:01:36 +0000

Hi, Paul,

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 03:41:02PM +0200, Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> Severity: important

> > Has anyone else seen this issue?

> I see it so often it is not fun.  I'm currently compiling an older
> Emacs version because indentation's becoming broken every second line
> is unbearable.

Apologies.  Please bear with me on this.  It should become stable well
before the release of Emacs 23.2.

Is there any chance you could say the sort of editing you've been doing
which provokes this mis-indentation?  Do you use C-y a lot?  Is it only
in C++ Mode, or are other modes (C, Java, ....) affected?

Any chance you might try the head versions in the bzr repository?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).