Re: Commit netiquette.

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Commit netiquette.
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 03:17:49 -0500

   > This seems more of a short comming in `bzr log --short' than in
   > the way one writes commit messages. �A commit message is more
   > than a single line. �And the purpose of a change is always more
   > suitable in the actual code as a comment.

   You're conflating quite different things. If I update my tree with
   "bzr up", obviously I'm not going to go looking at the code to know
   which changes were made, but I certainly will do "bzr log --line
   -l10" to see recent changes and their purpose.

That is the whole idea of a ChangeLog, a short message doesn't
substitute it.