Re: "Warning: `save-excursion' defeated by `set-buffer'" madness

From: Štěpán Němec
Subject: Re: "Warning: `save-excursion' defeated by `set-buffer'" madness
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:19:48 +0100

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 02:38:13PM -0500, Barry Fishman wrote:
> >> Oh, great, thanks!
> >> I knew there had to be a way...
> >
> > I really hope you did first report the warning to get it fixed.  I
> > currently only know of one external package (BBDB) where this warnings
> > pops up like this, so if you're using BBDB, try to install a newer
> > version.

Err, for some reason I didn't receive Stefan's mail Barry is quoting
here and replying to. It's also not in the online archives,
lists.gnu.org or gmane.

I'm using BBDB from CVS, but AFAIK the last commit occured in 2005.

Actually, it's not always obvious to me how to find the source of
the warnings (other than trying to grep all the sources) -- it appears
when invoking `ibuffer', for instance, but not with emacs -q; and I have
no customization of ibuffer whatsoever, so I have no idea what could be
the issue there.

In short, I believe it's a very annoying issue for the end users.

Regards,

    Štěpán